Oub Kham Museum is located near Den Ha market, one kilometer from the town center. The collection includes objects from the areas once belonging to or affiliated with the Lanna kingdoms encompassing northern Thailand and some parts of northeast Myanmar, southwest China and Vietnam.
Apart from objects used in rituals the collection mainly consists of objects used at the royal courts including lacquer ware, silver jewelry and clothing. Most notable is a golden bowl, a masterpiece, used by royals. It is open daily from 9 am. to 6 pm. Admission fee is 100 bahts per person. For more information call 0-5371-3349.
This temple is near the Chiang Mai Stadium. It is note worthy for an unusual bulbous pagoda. The structure is decorated with colourful porcelain chips and is believed to represent five Buddhist monks’ alms bowls which symbolise five Lord Buddhas.
Located on Suthep Road in a bucolic forest setting, this delightful meditation temple is completely different from Chiang Mai’s other major temples. It was built in 1296. The ancient Chedi is of particular interest.
This is located beside Wat Chet Yot. The museum houses a collection of Lanna Thai works of art, ancient Buddha images, and war weapons. It is open daily, except Mondays, Tuesdays and official holidays, from 9.00 a.m. until noon, and 1.00 until 4.00 p.m.
This is a village where famous cotton cloth woven in the old style has been long produced. At present the weavers central gathering is the home of the late National Artist, Pa (Aunt ) Sangda Bansit , who had transferred her knowledge on the weaving process to other villagers. The village is located on the left of Chiang Mai-Hot between Km. 68 – 69 , about 4 kilometres off the main road.
This picturesque gorge is 105 kilometres from Chiang Mai provincial capital, and is framed by teak forests and mountains.
A recently discovered ancient city believed to have been built during the reign of King Meng Rai in 1286, the city was once the capital of the Lanna Kingdom until the Maenam Ping flooded and wiped out the whole city. To visit Wiang Kum Kam today, drive south east of Chiang Mai, between Km. 3-4, on the Chiang Mai-Lamphun route in Saraphi District. Just drive along the road at Nong Hoi Police box to the Ko Klang Pa Kluai intersection and proceed to Chedi Liam Police box. There are more than 20 ancient ruins inside and around Wiang Kum Kam including Wat Chedi Liam, Wat Chang Kham, Wat Noi, Wat Pu Pia, Wat Ku Koa, Wat E Kang, Wat Hua Nong, and Wat Pu Song which are dated from the 21st 22nd Buddhist centuries.
This is next to Chiang Mai University.The attractively landscaped garden contains many kinds of tropical trees and lovely flowers
Located near the Chiang Mai Zoo, the cascade provides a delightful ambiance for relaxation and picnics.
This is situated at the foot of Doi Suthep Mountain. The monument honours the man whose followers built the first motor road to Wat Phra That Doi Suthep in 1935.