situated in the town, is erected to commemorate the time in 1574 when the King and his army stopped over here on the way to assist a Burmese force attacking Vientiane.
commonly called Wat Tham was constructed in 1572 by a King of Vientiane. The temple is located in Amphoe Suwannakhuha about 50 kilometers from Nong Bua Lam Phu.
located at the foot of the Phu Phan mountain chain 13 kilometers from Nong Bua Lam Phu, is peaceful and ideal place for those who seek mental tranquility. The temple used to be the meditation place for Phra Achan Luang Pu Khao Analayo who is revered by Thais nationwide. In the temple grounds there are a cave housing an ancient two faced drum, a stone engraved Buddha image and the Luang Pu Khao Museum where collection of his utensils and a statue of Luang Pu Kao are displayed for Buddhists to see and worship.
is a large cave in Amphoe Na Klang. Its entrance is very much higher than ground level and curving stairway of 107 steps ascends from the base of the hill to the mouth of the cave. The interior resembles a large hall, capable of accommodating hundreds of people. Stalagmites and stalactites create an exotic beauty. This cave has an opening onto a high cliff overlooking the picturesque fields below.
an ancient place of worship at Amphoe Non Sang, is believed to have been built during the time when the Khmer people dominated the region.
was set up in 1985 covering an area of 322 square Kilometres. The park’s office is located by the lake shore, a part of Ubolratana Dam by Phu Kham in Amphoe Non Sang. Phu Phan Kham is a mountain chain stretching from north to south, that is from Nong Bua Lam Phu to Ubolratana Dam. The Lake also serves as a fish breeding ground and is a popular fishing area. Tourists may stay in the camping area or in the National Park’s bungalows
consist of nine mountains. They are rich in flora and fauna. There are waterfalls, caves and stone terraces. Another tourist destination is Wat Phra Buddha Bat Phu Kao where human and canine footprints related to the local folklore and engraved on stone.