This ancient temple, locally called Wat Na Phra That, is located on the west bank of the Mae Klong River in the town. lts elegant prang or pagoda remains in good condition and was probably copied from Cambodia’s Angkor Wat. The prang made of bricks and stones stands on a rectangular base with pathways around the cloisters. The outer stucco designs were made in the reign of King Borommarkot of Ayutthaya. Buddha images of Dvaravati, Lop Buriand Ayutthaya periods are placed around the pagoda.
Two kms. west of Wat Na Phra That on the route to Khao Ngu is Wat Aranyik with a prang identical to that of Wat Na Phra That but smaller in size.
This is located on Woradet Road near the river. The edifice was formerly the town hall, built in 1922. Established as a museum in 1988, it displays art and ancient items of different periods found in the local area, and exhibits the history of Ratchaburi, as well as its folk art and geology. The museum is open daily from 9.00 a.m. – 4.00 a.m. except Mondays and Tuesdays. Admission fee is 30 baht.
This hill is 44 metres high and was originally called “Khao Sattanat”. It is located 2 kms. west of the town. King Rama V had commanded a palace to be built on the hill and made a royal visit to receive the Portuguese minister in the year 1887. The palace area was donated by King Rama VII to be used as a monastery, which was later called “Wat Khao Wang”.
At the foot of this mount, 2 kms. from the town along Phetchakasem Road, there is a statue of King Rama I erected as a memorial for the fighting between Thailand and Burma at Ban Bang Kaeo. Continue for 1.6 kms. up to the peak, visitors can see a clear view of Ratchaburi. A temple on the top houses a metal Buddha image, namely Phra Phuttha Niraro-Khantarai Chaiwat Chaturathit, which was presented by King Rama IX
This archaeological site is where ruins and ancient objects of Dvaravati period, mostly reflecting Buddhist influence, has been discovered at Tambon Khu Bua, 5kms. south of the Ratchaburi Town. Visitors should visit the Ratchaburi National Museum where a lot of archaeological evidence as well as the history of this ancient city are exhibited.
This famous attraction of Ratchaburi is 8 kms. from the town along the road to Amphoe Chom Bung (Route No. 3078). The cave houses a bas-relief Buddha image, considered the oldest archaeological evidence of the Dvaravati period found in Ratchaburi. The figure is 2.5 metres high in the attitude of giving the first sermon.
This is the most beautiful cave in Ratchaburi. It is located 20 kms. from the town along the route to Amphoe Chom Bung and 2 kms. along an access road.The cave extends 300 metres from the mouth and offers truly amazing scenes of plentiful stalactite and stalagmite formations.
This cave is 30 kms. west of the town in the vicinity of Amphoe Chom Bung. It was originally called Tham Mutchalin. In 1895, King Rama IV and Queen Si Phatcharin made a royal visit and were fond of its beauty, thus giving it a new name according to the shape of the stalactites which look like the epaulette of a field marshal. The cave also houses a medium-sized reclining Buddha. A nearby aboretum provides shady areas suitable for relaxation.
This is a hillside garden with all kinds of trees mentioned in Thai literature. It is 20 kms. from the town along the route to Amphoe Chom Bung.
5 kms. before arriving at Amphoe Suan Phung, there is a 5-km. branch road on the left leading to Pong Yup at Tambon Tha Khoei. This attracts visitors with plenty of strange looking earthen pillars and cliffs naturally created by soil erosion.