This is a natural beach formed by the receding water level in the Chi River in the dry season, which is never higher than 70 centimetres. The beach is nearly 2 kilometres long. Locals like to come here to relax and have a meal.
Ban Si Than is where typical pillows are made. The village is 20 kilometres from Yasothon on the way to Amnat Charoen. Villagers make Khit pillows and weave after the harvest is done. They are famous products of the province.
Located at Ban Ngew, Tambon Ku Chan, 12 kms. from Amphoe Kham Khuen Kaeo, KuChan is an ancient pagoda similar to Phra That Phanom. Legend says it has been built in the same period to Phra That Phanom in Nakhon Phanom province.
Ban Khum Singha Tha, in Muang municipality, is the old area whose name is found in the city’s history. The area is rich of beautiful old-fashioned buildings which is well preserved, making a nice place to enjoy the cultural rich area.
Hor Trai, or library of Wat Sra Trinurak. Hor Trai is located in Wat Sra Trinurak, Ban Na Wiang, Moo 1, Tambon Na Wiang, 25 kms. from Yasothon City. The ancient pavilion, over a century old, located amidst pond is housing Buddhist scriptures since ancient time. The Burmese-style wooden architecture is 8.30 metre wide and 10.50 metre long, with 4-level metal-sheet roof and long eaves at all sides. The front door is delicately carved.
The village is famed for its bamboo basketry for household use and souvenir. The village is located in Amphoe Muang, 8 kms. from Yasothon City via highway 2169 (Yasothon-Kud Chum Rd.)
Phaya Thaen is a rain god according to the belief of Isan people. Phaya Thaen Public Park is on Chaeng Sanit Road in the municipality. The large area is surrounded by a small waterway and is decorated with flowers and decorative plants. It also has a health park. The park is the venue of various provincial fairs like the Rocket Festival, the annual boat race and the Songkran Festival.
This large cave, located to the west of the mountain, houses countless sacred Buddha images
Located in Ban Song Yae, Amphoe Thai Charoen, the Catholic Church is actually called Father Dechanel is the first rector of the church. The church serves villagers of Ban Nong Song Yae, all of who are Catholics.
Initially, the church was a tiny hut, and it was rebuilt many times. This is the fourth church built in 1947 by wood contribution by the villagers. Built in Thai traditional style, the country’s biggest wooden church is 16 metres wide and 57 metres long. It is made of 80,000 wooden roofs, 360 wooden piles in different sizes, floor made from huge pieces of Malabar ironwood and jamba timber, wooden benches which can accommodate over a thousand people. The 260 wooden piles in the middle row are the biggest, with over 10 metres long. The church bell, 2 feet long in diameters, is in bell tower in Thai style, but it is separated from the church. Huge amount of remaining wood is enough for building Ban Song Yae Pittaya School.
How to get there: From Yasothon, use highway 2169, turn left after passing Amphoe Kud Chum for 7-8 kms, and keep going for 600 metres. The school and the church share the compound.
History of Ban Song Yae Church. It was said that in 1908, five families sought a refuge in this area, this was lush jungle, after being hurted and evicted as they were blamed as zombie. They have met Father Dechanel and Ombrocio , Ban Se Song, Tambon Chiang Peng, Amphoe Pa Tiew of Yasothon, and asked them to get rid of devel in their bodies. After the success, they become Catholics. More people migrated to Ban Nong Song Yae. In 1909, a small hut was built for Catholic rites and that was the beginning of Song Yae Church.
Situated 25 kms. from Yasothon City, via highway 23 (Yasothon-Kham Khuen Kaeo-Ubon Ratchathani Rd.) and 10 kms. off the main road on the right. Its significant attractions include
Big Buddha Image. Made of brick, the principle Buddha of Wat Song Puey is 3 metres wide and 8 metres high. This sacred image can be dated back to more than 200 years. Pagodas containing soil from holy sites of Buddhism.
The old pagoda, more than 200 years old, was renovated in 1955 by Field Marshal Plaek Pibulsongkram. It houses soil from holy site of Buddha, namely the place of birth, enlightenment, the first sermon, and nirvana, brought from India by a Buddhist monk, Khien Ammaphand. The replica of Buddha Footprint.
The footprint was built by sponsoring of Field Marshal Plaek Pibulsongkram and his lady. Lots of local people come to bath the footprint During Songkran Festival.
Antique Museum. The museum features antiques found from Dong Muang Toey, an ancient Khmer town. The antique include stone bed of the mayor, and stone inscription in ancient Khmer letter.
Dong Muang Toey Ancient town.The remaining of ancient town Dong Muang Toey is found a kilometre south of Song Puey Village, 7 kms. from Amphoe Kham Khuen Kaeo. Foundation of temple, pond, and town wall are found. Altough they are ruined, their remaining indicated that it once was settlement in Chenla-Dhavaravadi period or in the 7th Centiry. Chenla King’s inscription indicated that this ancient site is religious place for Shivism. Dong Muang Toey and nearby community, proably satellite town of Chenla Kingdom, was called ‘Sangkha Pura’. Chenla Kingdom developed into Khmer Empire later and extended its territory into Moon and Chee River Basin during such period.