Located on Chetchamnong Road, the temple, which is believed to have been built in the Ayutthayaperiod, clearly shows the influence of Ayutthaya-style architecture. The Ubosot and Vihan were built in their distinctive Gunwale Curve base and the Mondop were built over the Holy Footprints.
The Ubosot itself was renovated during the reign of King Rama lll using glassware to decorate the gables and windows. Within the Ubosot are murals covering the entire four walls, which have been continuously restored over the years. In front of the temple stands a statue of King Taksin the Great who according to legends once stopped his troops here while on the way to set up his base in Chanthaburi during the Fall of Ayutthaya in 1767.