is the site of a 1400-year-old community dating back to the Hariphunchai Kingdom. Located some 40 Kilometres to the south of Lamphun, it offers a scenic and delightful vista of green fields and mountains. It also has several old temples built in admirable indigenous style, e.g., Wat Phra Chao Ton Luang with its 600-year-old Buddha statue, Wat Pa Puai and Wat Dong Rusi. The latter two temples both maintain 100-year-old Ho Trai (scripture halls) built with wood in delicate patterns. Some of the natural attractions in the district include Tham Luang Pha Wiang, a cave some 15 kilometres south of the district town. Inside the cavern are oddly-shaped stalactites. There are accommodation facilities for tourists in the district town.