Vichayen House was a residence for Chevalier de Chaumont, the first French ambassador to Thailand during the reign of Louis XVI. Later, the place was occupied by Chao Phraya Vichayen (a Greek adventurer Constantine Phaulkon ) until he was executed by the revolutionaries in 1688. Many ruined buildings dot the compound, one served as a Roman Catholic chapel. Others were residences for the ambassador and mission members. Ruined brick water tanks and fountains are visible.