Wat Phra That Cho Hae
This temple is about 8 kilometres to the east of town on Highway No. 1022. A major religious site of the province, it was built since the time of Sukhothai. The 33 metre-tall Chiang Saen-style Chedi houses a Holy Relic. It was built of bricks and covered with bright brass sheets. The name of the temple refers to fine silk woven in Sip Song Panna (in southern China) which was first used to wrap around the Chedi when the temple was first constructed. There is a fair celebrating the Chedi in March every year.