Wat Phra Thong
This temple where the upper half of a large Buddha statue emerges from the ground is 20 kms. north of the town along Highway 402. Legend has it that during the invasion of Thailand in 1785, the Burmese tried in vain to excavate the statue. Each time they dug into the ground, swarms of hornets would swoop on them and they had to give up. Later, the visible part of the statue was covered with gold by the villagers and has remained as such until today.